2018 Western Sydney Junior Club of the Year
2018 Sydney Juniors Club of the Year
Dear Baulko Families
We’ve come to the end of the longest shortest season imaginable and what we have achieved as a club to have our children take the field this year could not have been done without the support of each and every family and a dedicated group of volunteers.
In times that we have never before experienced, we faced extreme doubt as to whether we would even have a season, especially in light of a postponed round one. However, we persisted through two pre-seasons and then successfully navigated our way through to the end, culminating in a very successful shortened season.
This year we fielded 19 teams across the Western Sydney and Sydney Harbour competitions and completed our shortened Auskick program which concluded with a combined Auskick/U9/U10 gala day last weekend.
A successful season is not only measured by the amount of premierships that are won, but most importantly the level of enjoyment experienced and the growth & development of each individual player and team to be the best that they can possibly be.
We, as an Executive Committee, could not be more proud of the sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play and camaraderie that we witnessed each time a Baulko team stepped onto the field. Just as pleasing was the overwhelming amount of feedback that we received from other clubs throughout the year who shared the same sentiments that we have. Thank you and Congratulations to each and every one of our players and volunteers on being wonderful ambassadors for our club and wearing our colours with such pride.
There are a few points below to make note of as we wrap up Season 2020:
1) Presentation Day – is now confirmed for Sunday 1st of November and will be held at Charlie. To make this happen, in light of the current restrictions, we have put together a COVID Safe Plan in which we will all have to strictly adhere to in order to make the day a success. We will be sending out a schedule with timings for each team soon and will include an end of season survey monkey which will allow you to indicate if you will be attending the presentation or not.
2) Team Photo Collection – will be available at Presentation Day. If you have not yet ordered but would like to do so please use the following link: fionastrachan.fotomerchanthv.com
3) Jersey Return – If you have not yet returned your playing jersey, please ensure to wash this and hand it in to your team manager on Presentation Day.
4) 2021 Registrations – Registrations will open on Sunday 1st of November. Those attending Presentation Day will be able to re-register on the day. The cost of Registration is currently being reviewed and will cover all insurances, loan of jersey, training shirt and First Aid supplier. We are at present finalising an early-bird special for those who register in the month of November and this will be confirmed prior to registrations opening.
5) Pre-Season Training – We are looking to conduct some pre-season training in the months of November and December. We will then continue from late January or early February, this will also be combined with come and try nights. Further details will be provided soon.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Presentation Day and, as always, please reach out with any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kirsten, Kylie, Stuart and Nicole
Baulko Exec Committee
Want to play AFL with a successful, family friendly club?Like our club song says, we’re a happy team at Baulko. Our boys and girls are encouraged to work hard and play with good spirit. Our mums and dads (and aunties and uncles and grandmas and granddads) are encouraged to pitch in and help out wherever they can. The Hawks have boys teams in all age groups:
- Boys – from U8 to U17, and
- Girls – from YG10, Y12, YG14, YG16 and Y18 (in the newly formed competition structure for 2020).